This page is for use by participant in the Middle Huron Partnership, a watershed-based group of local municipalities and agencies within the middle section of the Huron River watershed. This section lies mostly within Washtenaw County, extending from Portage Lake downstream to the French Landing Dam, which forms Belleville Lake.
Stormwater Management Documents
2020 Permit Application
- Public Participation Plan
- Collaborative Public Education Plan (PEP) and PEP Table
- Illicit Discharge Elimination Program MOU
- TMDL Implementation Statement
- TMDL Appendices
- TMDL Task List
TMDL Implementation Plans
- Ford and Belleville Lakes – Phosphorus
- Honey Creek- Bacteria
- Huron River (Argo to Geddes) – Bacteria
- Malletts Creek – Biota
- Malletts Creek – Total Suspended Solids
- Swift Run – Biota
- Swift Run – Total Suspended Solids
Water Quality Monitoring
Water quality sampling has been conducted in the Middle Huron River Watershed since 2002. The most recent comprehensive data can be found on the Infostream.
Public Education Materials
Contact: Pam Labadie, firstname.lastname@example.org, (734) 769-5123 x 602, HRWC Marketing Director, for info on HRWC’s I&E Program or any of the materials identified below.
Scoop Poop Public Education Materials
- Scoop Poop Tip Card
- Scoop Poop Poster
- Pet Waste Fact Sheet
- Ann Arbor Observer Ad
- Additional Ads and Web Graphics
- H2O Heroes Scoop Poop Webpage
One-page (8.5 x 11″) seasonal newsletter articles on NPS prevention or watershed education topics for community newsletters, websites, and email alerts.
Placed seasonally in local print and online publications. Topics correspond to the monthly tip or message in the Watershed Community Calendar and are available in custom sizes and formats upon request. H2O Hero theme.
- January/Tap Into Savings/Water Conservation
- February/Report Jerks/Illegal Dumping
- March/Scoop Poop/Pet Waste
- April/Use Only Phosphorus-Free/Fertilizer
- May/Plant Michiganders/Native Plants, Rain Barrels
- June/Know Toxics/Home Toxics Disposal
- July/Do It On The Grass/Pet Waste
- August/Sprinkle When the Sun Don’t Shine/Water Conservation
- September/Watch Runoff/General Stormdrain Awareness
- October/Mulch More/Fall Leaf Disposal
- November/Don’t Flush/Prescription Disposal
- December/Salt Less/River Friendly Snow Removal
H2O Heroes Page – Content from this published site now housed in HRWC’s Take Action pages with homeowner tips and tools.
Adopt-A-Stormdrain Program Web Page – Public website and program materials.