One River, One Fly, and One Great Cause
Sunday, July 19, Schultz Outfitters, Ypsilanti, MI
Pick your best fly and fish it till you lose it! Prizes included fly rods, reels, gear, gift certificates and more.
The Single Fly Tournament is an annual event that celebrates watershed protection with a special group of folks that spends a great deal of time on the Huron River. Anglers are important stewards of the watershed – they are out in the field observing and monitoring the Huron River and its tributaries throughout the year. We appreciate their efforts! Join us for the After-Glow at Schultz Outfitters to help celebrate the tournament participants and their role in watershed protection!
All proceeds benefit RiverUp! and our fish habitat restoration project in Ypsilanti - woody debris structures stretching from the crossing of Forest Avenue downstream at Frog Island Park to the footbridge that enters Water Works Park. Such habitat will provide needed resting places and nesting places for the Huron River’s fish. In addition, a deeper water pool will be excavated near the Riverside Park Gazebo to provide for easy fishing access for children (and adults).
Single Fly Tournament • Schultz Outfitters
- Sunday July 19th, 2015 at 10 AM • 4 E. Cross St Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- Post tournament party starts at 5 PM at the shop
Registration is limited and ends on July 16, 2015
- $20 Post-Party at Schultz Outfitters only
- $50 Tournament only
- $70 Tournament and special event one-year membership rate to HRWC
- $70 Tournament and Post-Party
- $90 Tournament, HRWC membership and Post-Party
- Plus order your HRWC logo hat ($25 each) and pick it up at the tournament
Single Fly Tournament Rules
- Smallmouth ONLY! No Rock bass, Pike, or Largemouth No score for smallmouth under 8”
- Fly rod and fly reel with floating, intermediate or sinking fly line required
- Single Fly = 1 fly not 1 pattern. The fly may be fixed with the use of adhesive during fishing.
- NO TUBE FLIES.
- No boats, float tubes or any type of watercraft
- Open water Portage Lake “Flook” Dam to Michigan Avenue bridge (The bridge directly downstream from Schultz Outfitters)
- OFF LIMITS Barton Pond, Argo Pond, Gallup Pond & Superior Pond
- Each angler is required to fish with 1 partner. Even numbers only. If you do not have a partner one will be assigned to you.
- Nets are allowed and encouraged
- Foul hooked fish do not count
- Fish length will be rounded up so a 15.25” fish will score at 16”
- Fishing can begin anytime after 11 AM Sunday. Anglers must return to Schultz Outfitters by 6 PM.
Partnering with Ann Arbor Trout Unlimited
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Single Fly Tournament 2015, please contact us at email@example.com