Representatives Make HRWC Policy
HRWC is a council of the local governmental units that have jurisdiction over property in the watershed. Membership is voluntary. Of the 7 counties and 67 townships, villages, and cities located wholly or partially within the watershed, most have chosen to join HRWC.
Following is a list of current government members and their representatives on the HRWC Board of Directors. A link is provided to each government member website.
If you live in the Huron River watershed, check to see if your city, township or village is a member of HRWC.
If it is not a member and you would like it to join, please contact us.
HRWC provides water resource information and research services to member governments. This information includes: water quality issues, land use, groundwater, hydrology, lake management, wetland protection, stormwater management and other related topics.
HRWC staff is available to review and comment on activities likely to affect water resources and advise member governments on lake and river management. For more details, visit the Services Available to Member Governments page.
- City of Ann Arbor–Janis Bobrin (Exec. Comm.), Cheryl Darnton, Dick Norton (Chair), Molly Maciejewski
- Ann Arbor Township–Diane O’Connell (Exec. Comm.)
- Barton Hills Village–Cheryl MacKrell
- City of Belleville–vacant
- City of Brighton–vacant
- City of Chelsea–Steven Wright
- Commerce Township–Peter Schappach
- City of Dexter–Paul Cousins (Exec. Comm)
- Dexter Township–Barry Lonik
- City of Flat Rock–Larry Dishaw
- Genoa Township–vacant
- Green Oak Township–Fred Hanert
- Hamburg Township–Bob Demyanovich
- Huron Township–vacant
- Livingston County–Scott Barb, Michelle LaRose (Exec. Committee)
- Village of Milford–Mark Irish
- Milford Township–Mary Bajcz (Exec. Committee)
- Northfield Township–Marlene Chockley
- Oakland County–Chris Benedict (Vice-Chair)
- Village of Pinckney–Matt Stuk
- Pittsfield Township–vacant
- Putnam Township–vacant
- City of Rockwood–vacant
- Salem Township–Sue Bejin
- Scio Township–Gerry Kangas
- Village of South Rockwood–Matt LaFleur (Treasurer)
- Superior Township–Curt Wolf
- Van Buren Township–vacant
- Walled Lake–vacant
- Washtenaw County–Evan Pratt (Exec. Committee), Scott Munzel, Steve Francoeur (alternate), Cate McClure (alternate)
- Wayne County–vacant
- Webster Township-vacant
- West Bloomfield Township–Gene Farber
- White Lake Township–vacant
- City of Wixom–vacant
- Village of Wolverine Lake–vacant
- City of Ypsilanti–Sally Lusk, Lisa Wozniak
- Ypsilanti Township–Norm Andresen
How to Become a Member Government
Contact our Executive Director, Laura Rubin, at (734) 769-5123 x612 or lrubin at hrwc.org to inquire about your local government unit becoming a member of HRWC. Annual membership dues for townships, cities, and villages are assessed at a rate of $0.10 per capita of residents who live within the boundaries of the watershed. Annual dues for counties are assessed at a rate of $0.05 per capita (watershed population) plus $1.50 per square mile of watershed area.