Welcome to the first of our regular updates to HRWC’s Change Makers.
Change Makers are residents who have chosen to become a voice for the Huron River and its watershed by becoming involved in their local governments to encourage watershed-friendly land use planning and practices.
Thanks to the Americana Foundation, HRWC has funding for another year to continue our program!
We will be able to conduct 2 more introductory “Boot Camps,” *and* 2 more in depth “Advanced Trainings” about topics chosen by *you*, our Change Makers! We have also set up a webpage with resources to help you:
- fill out the worksheets in the Land Use for a Healthy Watershed workbook
- learn about issues as they come up and actions you can take:
- comment on land use issues in your community
- become a planning commissioner
- get elected to your local board
- otherwise influence your local government for the Huron
- Let us know if there are any particular topics about local governments and water quality you would like us to focus on for our “Advanced Trainings”
- Spread the word to your friends and colleagues about our upcoming workshops!!
- Actions happening now:
- Change Makers in Livingston County can get involved in the counties Master Plan Revision: see our Action Alert on the Change Makers web site!
- Ypsilanti Township and the City of Dexter are also revising their master plans. Change Makers there have a chance to get involved!
- Ypsilanti Township is holding a series of workshops October 16-19
- Dexter is holding a workshop October 29 at the Dexter Library 7 – 8:30 pm.
Kris and Jason
Take me to the Change Makers page