The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense Program has a new website packed with information on WaterSense products, partners, rebates and the many benefits of water efficiency, including energy savings.
According to EPA’s website, products with the WaterSense label will:
- Perform as well as or better than their less efficient counterparts
- Be about 20% more water-efficient than average products in that category
- Realize water savings on a national level
- Provide measurable water savings results
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options
- Be effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label
In order to be considered for the WaterSense label, products must be tested and certified to meet the criteria in the WaterSense specification for water efficiency and performance.
The website features interactive educational materials, a water-efficiency rebate finder, and tips on how to on how to start using water more efficiently around the home. The WaterSense Program URL is: http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/.
Look for WaterSense labeled products and start saving money, water and energy!