4800 E Huron River Drive
Join the Huron River Watershed Council Staff and Board to celebrate a year of accomplishments and honor outstanding Huron River stewards.
We will recognize some very special people for their outstanding contributions to HRWC’s mission of protecting and restoring the Huron River. Staff will present program highlights that include:
- Innovative solutions to address problems in two of the watershed’s urban creeks–Swift Run (Ann Arbor) and Norton Creek (Wixom)
- Success in developing Change Maker advocates for clean water policies at the local level
- Accomplishments in river revitalization that provide visitors and residents with a safe, accessible, and enjoyable experience on the Huron River
- A first-of-its kind study on the Huron River’s economic impact to our area
- Updates on HRWC efforts in banning high PAH Coal Tar pavement sealants, clean water funding at the state level, the dioxane plume court case in Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti’s study of the Peninsular Paper Dam
Light refreshments will be served. No RSVP necessary.