1100 North Main Street
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
At this free workshop, we will take you step-by-step through our Millage Toolkit so you can learn about millage campaigns and if they are a good fit for protecting land in your community. Topics covered include:
- How to determine feasibility for a land protection millage
- Steps to get a millage proposal on the ballot
- Budgeting, recruiting, planning for a campaign
- Communicating your message to voters
- Getting out the vote
- Setting up your program
- Post campaign action items
Plus, hear stories about local, successful millage campaigns from the organizers. Sign up here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Citizens who want to learn how to get their local governments to place a land protection program on the local ballot.
- Local government officials who want to learn more about how their local government would run a land protection millage ballot campaign
- ANYONE who wants to learn how to run a campaign to get a land protection millage passed in your next election!
All participants will get a free printed copy of the Millage Toolkit
Kris Olsson, HRWC Watershed Ecologist and Megan Olds, Parallel Solutions, LLC