Want to help with a clean up but don’t have time to arrange one yourself? Come join our team! Huron River Watershed Council cleanups are held periodically. Please see the information below to find out when our next cleanup is. For details on each one and to register Jason, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleanups are held various times of year from spring through autumn.
Saturday, August 20, 2016
Details and registration: Jason, here email@example.com.
Items to bring along:
- Gloves, closed-toe shoes, clothing appropriate for getting wet and dirty
- Sunscreen and/or mosquito repellent
- Waders (if the cleanup will be on a creek)
- If not hosted at a livery: canoe, kayak, or other watercraft AND personal floatation devise
- Heavy duty trash bags (stronger than the average household use bags)
- If available: polarized sunglasses
After party: We often have a potluck/BBQ after the cleanups, please join us!.)
* Some cleanups have canoes provided for free, some for a slight charge, and some cleanups will need you to bring an appropriate watercraft.
* Cleanup volunteers need to provide their own gear. HRWC will have some trash bags and gloves, but it helps if you have your own.
Sponsored by: HRWC, DEQ, REI, Ann Arbor Trout Unlimited, Huron River Fly Fishing Club, Schultz Outfitters, Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority, Skips Canoe Livery.