Huron River Water Trail Vision:
The Huron River Water Trail reconnects individuals, families, and communities to the river and to the river’s recreational, economic, ecological, historic, and cultural values. The water trail is a focal point for recreational activities while boosting local economies and adding a richness and breadth to historical and cultural events along the river.
Huron River Water Trail Goals:
- Stimulate local economies.
- Improve recreational access and opportunities.
- Encourage physical activity.
- Improve community pride and encourage partnerships and collaboration.
- Make rivers and communities healthier.
- Highlight cultural and historical significance.
Huron River Water Trail Audience:
The Huron River Water Trail will directly serve the approximately half million residents of the watershed, the larger community of southeast Michigan, and tourists to the Great Lakes Region. All ages and all abilities will be able to enjoy the river through a water trail. The trail will improve access and mobility. The river will be more accessible to all socio-economic groups through fishing, paddling, walking, viewing, swimming, and educational opportunities.