Clean Up’s are held every spring and autumn.
Next cleanups will be:
May 11, 2013 – near Dexter and Flat Rock
August 17, 2013 – near Milford and Ypsilanti
Please set aside these days to help the river you love, to collect trash, meet and greet, trade stories and information, and generally enjoy an early autumn day.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
If you need watercraft: For those needing canoes, register with Jason at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Meet locations TBD at 10 a.m.
HELPFUL HINTS: Cleanup volunteers need to provide their own gear to collect the river trash. Although HRWC has some trash bags and gloves and grabbers they are limited. It helps if you have your own gear.
Some helpful items to bring along are:
- Waders, aqua shoes, sunscreen, canoe, kayak, life jackets, or rowboat.
- Gloves to protect your hands.
- Long handle or stick with a hook on it or a nail for spearing trash or retrieving it from the bottom.
- Heavy Duty trash bags (stronger than the average household use bags)
- HRWC will have trash bags but if you have your own please bring them
- Polarized sunglasses for spotting trash on the bottom.
After party: We often have a potluck/BBQ after the cleanups, please join us!.)
Sponsored by: Huron River Watershed Council; REI; Ann Arbor Trout Unlimited; Huron River Fly Fishing Club; Schultz Outfitters; Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority; Skips Canoe Livery